Re: more and more and more solarplate
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: more and more and more solarplate
- From: SusanV <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 14:03:02 -0500
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;b=osCA+UeWMMPnKhPmaJEqqLw6sHkQIPaGrYJJfqDYk6Dshj7I05YLFz46cAppzN9VS7lKQsDNKIR225DsCkm6Omkt7IMaLuOowp+l907Q+JRJ1rpmCVjz3ffHe96N0kidjSslqQ5+HYBf37dy8NbT3Q7zfTqPVK4fURIGl4wsJDY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;b=dfqAn+8ovayZs3Gspota5sOYdw7+AWMKb66wqF0Gz9ESi6udSoULBmfszPpQO2aDD9B6RlfLmiaG2PlJoceheLX7USp363Mx2Ve8T1F9HMVrmDEj2veHpVJYTGjFDvowkNJRIrVZeLyOV5mfowwD2WeJjLKQvHXE0PsRK+gvg5Q=
- In-reply-to: <004b01c75ff8$46c014f0$0400a8c0@DC5YX7B1>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <004b01c75ff8$46c014f0$0400a8c0@DC5YX7B1>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
Glad you're having such success with the KM73 plates!
I continue getting my head around curves and good printer output ( I think I have the later figured out as of this morning..yay!)
I just received PDN, so will tiptoe into that this evening, hoping to find enlightenment, and not more confusion regarding curves. Speaking of that... are you using color positives or black for these polymer plates? Isn't PDN all about color negatives for UV blocking?
As for your trip south... enjoy!!!! Miami is
a trip, in more than one sense :o) The Keys should be great this time of year, too. Safe travels.
updated Sunday the 4th...
On 3/6/07, Christina Z. Anderson <
My solarplate findings for the week. I am so bummed I am leaving for Miami
so I'll have to continue after spring break, but here's so far what I found:
I did a test print twice, 4 different variations of it on two different
plates, so 8 in all. Curved, uncurved, different time ratios of aquatint to
positive...with an image that is from very light to very dark.
First of all I have switched permanently to the KM73s which are so much more
trouble free. I have settled on an aquatint exposure of 2 mn and a positive
of 45 seconds (UVBL 15 watt). Good rich blacks. I found that if I exposed
the aquatint at 1:30, mottling occurred in the blacks, which makes me wonder
if contact is the real issue. This time I even did no baby powder on all
plates and they were fine.
The 2/45 exposure needs a very minimal curve it looks like so that is my
next step to calibrate one after spring break. But KM73s are so fast
(sharper and thinner, too) compared to solarplate, which to me seemed to do
best at 5mn/5mn most of the time.
gravure blog at www.susanvossgravures.blogspot.com