To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: more and more and more solarplate

Keith,
What effect did you notice with shorter washout?

Longley exposes the positive on KM73 for about 3 minutes (2.5 in summer sun) and then the aquatint on top for 1 minute. I find that an interesting combo of times...
Chris

I always expose the screen first, but have always believed that it makes no difference which order they're exposed in.

Also, I exposed a plate and tried Jon's method of a 35sec washout recently and was really impressed with the results. It seemed inconceivable that such a short washout would produce even development, but I may just have to change my procedure after seeing these results!

Keith.