Removing Dry Mounted Prints
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Removing Dry Mounted Prints
- From: eric nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:30:05 -0600
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition;b=Vdjkq6qCQcvgKP3fMNsE/tdaG+6k3QTyNs9aBcxhm/ytYAdMjbztKWXTV4OtN2Wcn3VPcNbtfR1CvRE41BSjnKjeN4JC7MtdgEFKq+bC9xnkhYVVCUSo/jubZ+Ma0Q3hyK78JaJhB33AUwXy9wktHHLAretQ1YcVhebd2NQBUMY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition;b=C/l/lQdl4nfPWK2MmxC5zH8SuOFr2cOCZJhM+KVi3fYbmM1x6OcIPjaGcUCbPzPYzeVocqizGI9zf5QopeNM4PapXIHL5wuY2Cm+s/X/7tzIBONaUKxSQ/6uo+v9TRI33Pp+DABr5kFI8tizUIVfnx6aELz7P1SiQk0QjtMOLvE=
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a client that needs to remove dry mounted albumen prints from
They began to peel from the 2 ply rag board they were dry mounted to
after handling by a framer where they additionally mounted the print
and board to a piece of foam core via unknown methods (perhaps 3M
Spray Mount!) so the print would float in the frame. The albumen
print had to be dry mounted for the extreme curl they have.
I'm trying to advise them as best as possible but it seems they've
gotten into a real mess with the foamcore mounting.
Can the print with the foam core be put into a dry mount press to try
to re-adhere the print to it's mount? Would there be melting or
curling issues with the foam core?
I've never used foam core other than to make light reflectors and so
on and would have advised against it if asked.