U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Heat-toning salt prints?

Re: Heat-toning salt prints?

There are chapters on salted paper in John Barnier's Coming into Focus, Christopher James' The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes and in Richard Farber's Historic Photographic Processes.

There is also an article here: http://www.alternativephotography.com/process_saltprints.html

I experimented with salted paper some years ago but never completely solved the staining issue. Also, salted paper printing requires a very powerful light source and I found that the sun worked much better than a bank of BL tubes.

Sandy King