U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Heat-toning salt prints?

Re: Heat-toning salt prints?

OOh man oh man,
I am at a hotel in Key Largo that charges $10 per day
internet use so I am gonna get my money's worth today,
dammit!

Sandy, I exposed salt for 6 minutes or less UVBL and it was
fine, in fact, I felt it was speedier than other processes I
tried.  I also was impressed at the beauty and detail of the
process.  I bought a kit from Photographer's Formulary and I
can't remember if it had the ammonium chloride salt or not
in it, but it was a pretty stupendous process IMHO.  The
tonal range of salt rivaled pt/pd--in fact, is called Poor
Man's Platinum if I remember correctly.

As far as staining, that was so paper specific, and one had
to be sure to coat only the front or anomalies occurred--so
i brush coated the salting solution on the front--no laying
on top of the salt bath or anything.
Chris