U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gravure

Re: gravure

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: gravure
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:44:25 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;b=BYF3hkOjvVOQ44q96Deha3xpDokkgXqiIVpkXPEiJCrtcqHQIWC5MQOD7peZfhZp1YYQz3p1Hnh1BnCoZNZj06XkAP2AeYmyZ5Ks6218j+Upd+FCmx9UGYXvNam0xS7Ll6SdxsYj47gCp/g5buz7GXvoOa9sKVsvK9HU5JjdTBA=

As others here told you there are sources for the tissue, but the hard
part is that you have to buy large quantities (at least you did the
last time I checked into it... i think it was $300 ), only one of the
many reasons I aborted traveling down the copper gravure road, and
switched to polymer gravure.  I'm very happy I did so.  I have a
degree in printmaking, and would like to suggest to your student that
she go to my blog, listed below, and look at what polymer gravures can
give you in the way of detail and tone... and because I'm just getting
started, be sure to check out the links I have to folks who have much
more experience, especially Jon Lybrook and Keith Taylor.  We're using
Printight KM73 plates which give finer detail than the brand
Solarplate, so be sure she understands that difference.

www.susanvossgravures.blogspot.com

Good luck,
Susan