U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Alternative to Epson 3800

Re: Alternative to Epson 3800

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Alternative to Epson 3800
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:35:07 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;b=AfcWxfEs8ZmHspwU9a1qfXyWnmKMt5FxmVRieZgtgBteYSmViF2u2RjmvR843nGaJcvJZNU4or/X+f1NeZztu78JFwDayAbh59tt3JaPqf3p/LxLJdJYPBM02/jlXoONfHJfqe/UMtLtmwqAX7eCSNvWtp5Dgp2/0rQnzcrLL58=

Katharine,

I have a 1280, and have found this link very helpful...
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/28244

Scroll down the page to the instructions by Denny.

I cleaned the bottom of the printhead assembly based on his
instructions, and got a lot of crud off of them.  This was after
having done a couple of "head cleaning" cycles.  It didn't harm my
printer at all.

And now I am religious about keeping a dust cover on it!  ( I was
baaad about that before I cleaned all the inked dust bunnies off the
bottom of the printhead ).

Susan