U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: HP B9180 for digital negatives

RE: HP B9180 for digital negatives

Eric,

OK, thanks for the clarification. I was clearly confused by what you wrote.

I have made some very nice prints in carbon, kallitype and pt./pd. from digital negatives off the Epson 2200. However, I am not quite satisfied that the results in carbon are as good as I get from contact printing high quality in-camera negatives. Very close, but maybe not quite there. Well, yes, as good in larger sizes where some magnification of the negative is involved, but not quite there with same size contact prints from original in-camera negatives.

With pt./pd. I think the results are just as good as from in-camera negatives, with a few caveats. But the goal is to be able to make digital negatives on an inkjet printer that will print in carbon, silver and pt/pd as smooth as LF or ULF negatives. When I find a printer that will do that, and that I can afford, I will stay with the same horse.

I don't take Wilhem's word as that of God either, but on the whole I find him to be the most credible source on image stability out there.

Sandy King