U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: HP B9180 for digital negatives

RE: HP B9180 for digital negatives

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: HP B9180 for digital negatives
  • From: EJN Photo <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:45:09 -0500
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE;b=3LHoOaojlUUfxP6KCC3sSw+B+W3l9tsYDc55kTKfY7y7/bjAKwB3S+9IhGi//JReaFjv3A/ttkEXlDKMEYQwffCffUFkordh/cJ7qtcZCn4RZi6MpWu3HS25WR57IOJXzQZwMO/JNEpyzOI0FRc8zK6QnmMUae0LAqxuyjWrd7Q= ;

Sandy, I guess I didn't make myself very clear there. I meant that with the
yearly transition that is happening in inks, printers, and substrates that
it is best to stay with the horse you're on, instead of always looking for a
smoother faster ride, unless of course the ride is getting way too rough or
you need to pull a much bigger wagon.

I also was saying that quoting Wilhelm may not be the best place to start a
conversation about image permanence. I say this only because there are just
so many variables that influence print permanence that he doesn't cover some
that are quite important. He should certainly be included in the discussion
but that his findings are NOT written in or by the hand of the Photo Gods.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226