U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Satista question

Re: Satista question

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Satista question
  • From: Venkatram Iyer <eyeear@telus.net>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:28:09 -0700

Loris,

IME, I did get a soft image with just 6 drps FAO (40%) + 4 H2O as sensitizer. This was slightly better w the addition of 1 drop of Na2 (5%). The result was very much improved w the addition of 1 drop of 5% Pt or Pd (i.e. 6 drops of FAO + 3 water + 1 Pd or Pt). This volume was sufficient for coating a 4x5" trial print. You might be able to get by with Au instead of Pt,Pd. Do let us know if it works.

Cheers, Rajul