U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: RE: Satista question

Re: RE: Satista question

OK, I just made my first try:

10 drops AFO + 1 drop Li2[PdCl4] with 4% AgNO3 developer on Weston Paper.

1. I guess thin papers like Weston aren't suitable for this process; they become wavy and this even development difficult.

2. Quite a lot printout (but not complete); probably because I used a lot of Pd..

3. This paper definitely doesn't like a second development pass - it bleeds incredibly in the second past.

Philippe, not I understand the point in your warning: one should be careful in both development and first wash -> because of possible bleeding problems.

4. Development was uneven.

5. I like the color and Dmax with the above stated coating solution.

6. It's a messy process.

Lessons:

1. Use thick, dimensionally stable papers.

2. Do the development in just one pass and do it as slow as you can. (That is for even development with good Dmax)

Will share more information as soon as I have time to make another experiment.

Best regards,
Loris.

----- Quoting myself -----

Thanks Philippe. But, to what should I pay attention? I plan to use 2%
Citric Acid as wash water before toning - that's what I do with my POP
Pd, Vandyke and Argyrotype prints...