U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Epson 2200

Re: Epson 2200

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Epson 2200
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 08:03:04 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;b=rHJO7M/fjD5rPfCZ/6liJ/tMJC1ahNujLxf8Z1t10bck0G9Wb+di0K5/2GMXuR5VhyZvmd/Vmuq4iFLS1xtuCld6wBLMIEdbBDyAnh0x4vvkUDFvye1WEajVN7mHtg3UlUZ+3erq+BEq5TK2OLlPXstKLKHmNET9jj2yRZLIrpE=

Marek,

I had some problems like that with my Epson 1280.  I found a website
that helped... fixyourownprinter.com . I found instructions there for
cleaning the bottom of the print head assembly, using distilled
water-soaked coffee filters (no lint), which were placed under the
head in the print-pathway and then the head was moved by hand, back
and forth over the filters... you have to read the detailed
instructions at the site... but it got a ton of crud off the bottom of
the head, and now I have no scratches or marks happening.

I don't know if the 2200 is similar enough to the 1280 to use the same
instructions, but if you don't find anything there on the 2200... do
the forum search for the 1280 cleaning and read that.  it might work
fine for you.

Good luck.
Susan