To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: solarplate wedgies

On 4/2/07, Christina Z. Anderson <zphoto@montana.net> wrote:

where are you Susan, Jon, Keith?  Spring
break??).

Hi Chris,

Yeah, last week I had a sick kid and was full-timing as Dr Mom, and
now this week is Spring break with husband AND kid home, so studio
time has been limited.  Thanks for all the work you've done on those
ratio tests... It supports what we've already noticed to a degree, but
doing the side-by-side comparisons gives us solid information.

I'm still troubled with small irregularities of tone, which I have
finally come to realize are being caused by Newton's rings forming
both between the glass and the top surface of the imagesetter aquatint
film, and the glass and the OHP.  (When vacuumed in my NuArc bed)
Have talked it over with Sandy King and others at the the HybridPhoto
site and I think we have decided that a piece of Mylar, sprayed with a
light coating of clear matte spray, placed under the glass, will stop
the rings.  I'm off today to get some mylar and will try to test that
later.  That would be a major breakthrough for me, because I have not
been able to get any smooth tones, which also was a big problem with
trying to calibrate and get a curve via PDN.

gotta run for now..

Susan

--
susan