U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: solarplate wedgies

Re: solarplate wedgies

Chris,
I'm getting the rings in Pt/Pd as is Clay (though I think he's about to start solar plate). Sandy was not doing solarplate (I don't remember which process he said he was seeing them) and did not have a large problem with them showing up in his final print, but graciously helped us work through the problem.

The trick is to take a piece of clear mylar, spray it with satin polyurethane finish, and tape it to the underside of your glass. I'm finishing printing for an upcoming show so I've resorted to using my contact printing frame sitting on top of the vacuum frame underneath the NuArc light source, but will be trying this or the Kreene out once I'm finished with these images.

-Jeremy-