U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: spots and dots and UVBL solarplates

Re: spots and dots and UVBL solarplates

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: spots and dots and UVBL solarplates
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 12:34:21 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;b=AKToZ8IhIB3tDnnTGf9fTBIZd+8beaoTPRPSTRnUMj21trQ55zFO2oC5qAwbX9L3KmFC7IXB7jVWtPm5jCymJZlaDNEU15GMyJpJVEMVpKcaB++Fi93NgxP4EUKOOahirm0k4GxR+uFhW3c5oF1H3ZNRH62Dq6W/wWU0JkyaDnM=

Chris... another interesting point regarding the use of a point source
light, is that once you use a sprayed piece of mylar, or frosted glass
or whatever, you have just changed over to a diffused light source.
Right?  In fact, Jon, you say that point light source is important,
but doesn't using the kreene plastic negate that?  It's quite milky in
it's translucence, so acts as a diffuser.  Even though I have the
Nuarc and am happy with it, I'm just not so sure Chris, that you
really need to stress over getting that Amerigraph.  My decision to
get the Nuarc was based on the fact that I happen to have found one
locally for $311, which was about what building a big UVB unit would
have cost.

Spring break here means that I have family all wanting to go out and
play and do stuff.... LOL... all I want to do is go down to the studio
and work.  So much for my "family values".  Bad Mommy, bad mommy.  I
did make Easter eggs with my son this morning though... and they're
spectacular, all painted with acrylic paints, BUT the whole time I
kept thinking about coating them with emulsion and printing on them,
or making a pinhole camera with one, or doing an emulsion lift onto
them.... the voices in my head just won't stop.  TELL THEM TO
STOP!!!!!

i'm ok.  really :o)
Susan