U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: spots and dots and UVBL solarplates

Re: spots and dots and UVBL solarplates

SusanV wrote:
Right? In fact, Jon, you say that point light source is important,
but doesn't using the kreene plastic negate that? It's quite milky in
it's translucence, so acts as a diffuser.
Good points Susan. I'm not sure the Kreene diffuses the UV light the way it does visible light, however. It's designed to be used in this process, and my sense is it doesn't change the quality of the light, the way the different kinds of bulbs do. My guess is it passes right through the stuff. Anyone else know anything about how mylar or Kreene might affect transmission of UV?

I'm quite convinced, along with Keith Howard, David Hoptman and others that UV isn't as good for poly plates as a point source -- Amerigraph, Olec, or our good friend Apollo. You can get good results, but it is more problematic - especially when going bigger.

Jon