U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: km73 plate with finer stochastic screen

Re: km73 plate with finer stochastic screen

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: km73 plate with finer stochastic screen
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:31:31 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references;b=SmSq/E8SagArsYPz6OZXFGWxOTd6hr1nnK3+N30I6L9bRU+lkSWg6S1ZZWy88zSgGq+HfrRGX++NhhuKrQVb9Xfe6AvFZJ5meKXNk4DwkPZRjnSGAhad/28G1QAH7+PAzXaDixCYz5WDa9FSmQ3DufB1Fl22UNA2bzTBPryzfuw=

Jon,

Thanks for posting the intaglio!  Looks very nice for sure, and nobody
has the measles! :o)  I agree with Loris about the highlights of
course.  Can't you polish the tone out of those spots before printing?
Q-tips?  I sure have found that a thorough hardening of the plate
(through drying it for 15 minutes or so with forced-air heat of some
kind, and post-exposing for 3x the image exposure time), has really
hardened my plates.  Highlights polish nicely and plate tone can be
managed.

I have a new print of the radishes I'll try to post later today.

Susan