U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | km73 plate with finer stochastic screen

km73 plate with finer stochastic screen

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: km73 plate with finer stochastic screen
  • From: Jon Lybrook <jon@terabear.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:24:42 -0600

Hi All,

Here's a scan of an intaglio print I made today using the 1800 dpi stochastic screen, side-by-side with a scan of the original silver print. This is using the 2nd iteration of the compensation curve I've been developing for my workflow with the 7800. Not without room for improvement, but getting close! No adjustments were made to the 16bit RGB scan of the intaglio print, other than converting it to jpg. Auto-adjust was turned off in the scanner settings.

Please let me know what you think, and if you have any questions not already addressed in my on-line procedure.

Comparison: http://terrabear.com/procedures/comparison.html

Procedure: http://terrabear.com/procedures/polymer_photogravure.html

Thanks!
Jon