U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: continued solarplate notes

RE: continued solarplate notes

> Unless someone has developed
> a better workflow that changes things for the better somehow, I will
> maintain that UVBL is definitely a problem when using Solarplates larger
> than 8x10, however.

My very first Solarplate was a 9x12 under UVBL, and aside from a poor
curve/exposure it printed quite well - no mottling or other imperfections in
the plate.  The plate was powdered for both the aquatint screen and the
positive (don't remember the exposure times though).  Alas, I have yet to
reproduce such a "flawless" plate...  :)

> Does anyone use, or recall anyone else using, different curves for roll
> vs. sheet standard Pictorico OHP?

I often go between sheet and roll, and as far as I can tell there's no
difference.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net