U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Powdered pigments?

Re: Powdered pigments?

Hi Jacek,

As I said in my offline, gum arabic can hold all sorts of powdered pigment.
The colours may not be quite as smooth as tube paint, but it all depends
what you want your print to look like. I don't know about plant pigments,
but that wonderful Australian red earth should make great prints. How about
a landscape of the area you pick the earth up from? I have a colour gum
print of a town in Umbria where the red pigment came from a ditch a couple
of miles up the road.

Best

Henry