U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | AIPAD show

AIPAD show

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: AIPAD show
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:31:33 -0400

Spent an enjoyable afternoon yesterday at the AIPAD show.  There
_seemed_ to be more 19th century photos than in years past, but maybe
I just noticed that because I had my nose up to every gravure photo I
could find :o)   I was afraid the show would be overwhelmed with huge,
color digital prints, but that wasn't the case (not that there's
anything WRONG with huge digital color prints.... ).  Speaking of
digital... I never once saw the word "giclee" used for an inkjet
print.

John Stevenson Gallery had a nice exhibit that included Cy Decosse
images, masterfully printed by our own Keith Taylor... a show-stopping
big platinum, and a couple of luscious gums.  Keith, they are all
exquisite!  They were getting a lot of attention, too.

As for the photogravures I saw... and there were many (but none
contemporary ;o) ). I was less than impressed, technically speaking.
Many of them have been taken from pages of  books (Camera Work and
others), and I guess the technique and their age makes them
collectable.

more later

Susan

--