U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: AIPAD show

Re: AIPAD show

Actually there were at least two gum prints that I noticed at AIPAD, but I'm embarrassed to say that I can't remember which artist or whose booth.  (I love AIPAD but after a few hours, fatigue and overstimulation seem to cause my brain to stop working...).  Anyway, these gums were huge (as big as some of those you know what -- big color yadda yadda yadda)  and  pretty monochromatic.  Lovely, really.

A few other observations from the show:  some of the tintypes I saw (including the Jeffrey Becom ones) were on copper,  which is so much more appealing than those crummy aluminum (I think) plates I used to use.  Does anyone know a good source for copper plates and is it a huge nuisance to use them?

Among the color work, Mona Kuhn was everywhere and I can't figure out her appeal.  But Jen Davis's pictures continue to grab me.

And I loved the little Patti Smith silver prints.

Rita B

See what's free at AOL.com.