From: Don Bryant [mailto:dsbryant@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 8:55 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: Hardening With Glyoxal: One Shot?

Michael,

Nope! Once the gelatin cools and hardens the mix cannot be re-used.
Chris Anderson notes on page 44 of her book 'Alternative Processes
Condensed', that Kerik Kouklis adds 6 drops of formalin to 10 ml of size
to cover a 14x17 area. Perhaps this would work with glyoxal also, though
I'm not clear how Kerik is able to mix the hardener uniformly in such a
small volume of gelatin.

Don Bryant