U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Kreene

Kreene

  • To: Alt Photo <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: Kreene
  • From: Keith Taylor <taylordow@sprintmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 10:07:23 -0500

Hi Jon,

The Kreene will arrive today and I'll be replacing the glass with it immediately, but in the archives (2005) I read that you used both the Kreene and glass. This solved the Newton ring problem you had then, so why did you change to Kreene only? I'm also assuming I'll be able to use the setup (Kreene only) successfully with platinum and gum too. I don't want to find out later today that I didn't have to take out the 33"x44" piece of glass!

THANKS!!

Keith.

Re: Vacuum Cover Sheet for exposing Poly plates?: SOLVED

From: Jon Lybrook
Date: 09/30/05-09:25:01 AM
Boxcar Press and the company that provides them with some of their
plates, Anderson and Vreeland, were most helpful and gave me detailed
information on the use of Kreene in conjunction with advice on static
control (Kreene is very static prone). Kreene plastic gets taped over
the entire blanket of the vacuum frame, on top of the film and plate. I
then turned on the pump and smoothed out any wrinkles or bubbles with
the Flexowand (which is like the pad one uses to clean dust from record
albums, only longer). To get better pressure, I then lowered the glass
down over the Kreene, which didn't seem to create any problems.
Exposure time didn't seem to change, but presto, no newton rings
anymore. Shot 3 plates and no newton rings, 3 for 3.