U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Digital Negs: banding on pictorico ohp

Re: Digital Negs: banding on pictorico ohp

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Digital Negs: banding on pictorico ohp
  • From: Robert Krawiec <robk64@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 16:30:49 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ender100@aol.com wrote:

> Rob,
>
> Is this really fine microbanding?   Just visible to
> the naked eye or
> requireing a loupe to see it?
>
> If your file is set at 360 PPI, then set your
> printer resolution to 2880 DPI.
>   Turn off BiDirectional or High Speed printing....
> This usually helps a lot.
>
> Otherwise, have you done a head allignment on the
> Pictorico?

Hi Mark,

Yes, it is really fine microbanding, but visible to
the naked eye.

I just did an automatic head alignment on my 4000
(using enhanced matte paper as per the manual), then
re-printed my step tablet at 2880. High speed was
turned off. There is a significant improvement, but
still visible to the naked eye.

Do you mean I should run the head alignment but using
OHP instead of the enhanced matte paper?

Thanks

Rob