To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: Attn. Chris + All. Gum, Gelatine + Direct Carbon.
John,
Now, as far as gelatin and gum, Art was so kind a few years back as to give me a copy of his patent. I run across articles on Fresson every now and again when researching gum, but of course, the articles are all sort of like "Well, the Fresson paper MAY contain this..."

The reason I am intrigued with the gelatin is that Echague said it provided a much more stable layer to use sawdust development with. But if I remember (Art can chime in here?) gum and gelatin do not mix well. But my gum printing formula is essentially a 1:1 mix (tho I use stock pigment mixes and use ammonium dichromate cut in half to a 15% dilution) so I don't have a clue how much gelatine or how I would do it.''