U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Computer manuals [WAS: Pierre Duncan etc.]

RE: Computer manuals [WAS: Pierre Duncan etc.]

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Knoppow [mailto:dickburk@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 7:59 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Computer manuals [WAS: Pierre Duncan etc.]

     Its possible the manuals are on-line. I have a Sony
VAIO which came with a small brochure packed in with the
back-up discs. The manuals are on-line. I downloaded them,
many pages of instructions and specifications. Ink on paper
printing is expensive and computer makers assume you will do
everything on-line anyway. Also, they mostly can't write.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com

Most OEM's have the manual loaded onto the hard drive. There is usually a
shortcut on the Programs/All Programs menu for access to the files which are
formatted in HTML to display in a web browser.

John