U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Glossy Kallitypes

Glossy Kallitypes

I've experimented with Kallitypes on glossy or semi-glossy paper, but have solarization problem. With COT-320 & other watercolor papers, gold-toning before fixing seems to control solarization, but not on glossy paper. I've been using Sodium Acetate or Sodium Citrate as developers with tartaric acid & Potassium Dichromate as additives.
For the paper, I've tried fixed photo papers including Bromoprint & Oriental Seagull graded. Following Dick Stevens' advice in his book, I've tried varying the silver to iron ratio in sensitizer with as high as 3:1 for Silver Nitrate to Ferric Oxalate. This does seem to give some control, but does not totally eliminate the solarization. Am I missing something or is it not possible to do good Kallitypes on glossy paper?
Thanks,
Doug Howk