U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Water color and water colour paper.OT Fun Thing.Attn. DaveSoemark

Re: Water color and water colour paper.OT Fun Thing.Attn. DaveSoemarko.

Dave forwarded,

>>But not forgetting the cheapest and most widely used and useful of all.
W/C paper
Are these made from recycled bathroom tissue?

Dave
Dave,
What an absolutely disgusting idea ? ? ! !.........

Altho', I heard, somewhere, that the Japanese may be developing a ''green'' w/c (water colour) paper for use with a new secret process called Skatotype( whatever that means? ). Its for use in a very ethnic printmaking process where the paper contains traces of natural ingredients, vegetables, fibre, suchi particles as a binder, etc., It will probably be a weight of around 5 gsm and be easily disposable following the many test runs which will neccessarily have to be made while perfecting what is imagined will be a pigment transfer process.

Next year, in the open Summer show, The Royal Academy of Arts of London may be showing some of these pigment transfer prints if the suppliers and artists can be located. The price of the paper will, probably, be very high so I wonder if there will be more than one producer of this non -archival biodegradable paper to provide a competitive market. Maybe, one could make one's own ?

One imagines happy experimentation with this satisfying but, arguably, somtimes difficult process. Finding patronage and sales, through the RA, might not be so difficult.

I must consult Tracey Emin on the potential investment value of this F / Art, but I expect to learn that its already been done.(SalvadorDali?)

Visualizing thousands of enlightened viewers standing in front of a framed sample on the RA gallery wall does tend to make the mind boggle. Or, maybe, not. Watch that space !

Think I will be giving it a miss, though. Too busy with Direct Pigment process.

Must rush........

John- Photographist - London -UK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Soemarko" <fotodave@dsoemarko.us>