Re: "ultimate alt process"
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: "ultimate alt process"
- From: Richard Knoppow <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:52:17 -0700
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk20050327;d=ix.netcom.com;b=sTRqW2HZL3eFy/V/PoJVuYYGx4WSJcl0uhm9FD/RuBiNYfGYFdw1BEZLyW4ubgQ+;h=Received:Message-ID:Reply-To:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com><Pine.NEB.firstname.lastname@example.org><!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAIsdeRRYKtgRkfoAENz0NV7CgAAAEAAAABuFLFJ/71ZJvJMS0RJc1OsBAAAAAAemail@example.com>
- Reply-to: Richard Knoppow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:54:11 -0600 (CST)
- Resent-from: email@example.com
- Resent-message-id: <200707310254.l6V2sB5k017853@www.usask.ca>
- Resent-reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
----- Original Message -----
From: "BOB KISS" <email@example.com>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 7:17 PM
Subject: RE: "ultimate alt process"
1878. Hmmmmmmmmmm. That date seems significant. Wasn't
obscure process patented that year? Let's see...might it
printing? Must be something arcane like that! ;-))
As near as I can tell the first patent for Platinum
printing was issued to William Willis in England in 1873. A
US patent, USP 173,381 was issued February 8, 1876 to the
same fellow. Probably this is the US version of the British
The patent can be found on Google Patents or from the
U.S.Patent and Trade-mark Office at http://www.uspto.gov
The Google site has the advantage of allowing text searches
of patents issued before 1976 and allowing the patents to be
downloaded as PDF's rather than FAX tiff files.
I don't have a good source for historical British or
Los Angeles, CA, USA