U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Chronology of alt processes

Re: Chronology of alt processes

If you want to go almost directly to the source- the history of Photography by
Joseph Maria Eder is a great reference.
IT may even have a chronology in it....
He wrote this in German in the 1920s... so there were still people around from the mid 1800s to interview...
and of course all of these people wrote a lot of letters...
There is an English translation of his history- which has the development of ALL of the alt processes...
Supposedly he wrote many more books on the hist of Photo- but they may not have been translated...
Also - Gernsheim's Hist of Photography... a much easier read than Eder- but he just describes and names the processes- Eder gets into way more
names, problems, rivalries and details...