U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: minneapolis bridge collapse--Keith Taylor and others OK??

Re: minneapolis bridge collapse--Keith Taylor and others OK??

Really horrifying. The event touched home with me because I grew up near the Mississippi river and have crossed over it on bridges literally thousands of time. In fact, I spent the past week near Natchez, Mississippi and in Memphis and crossed over the river in those two places 25 times or more. Not sure how wide the river is in Minneapolis, but down south it gets up to a mile or so wide so you are on the bridge a long time when you cross. I always am a bit fearful of earthquakes or a crazy barge bringing the river down, but never of structural defects. I don't want to get into a blame game, but this just seems criminal to me.

Sandy King