U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: =?UTF-8?Q?Galleries=20&=20Museums=20in=20New=20York=20City=20?==?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=94=20Photography?=

Re: =?UTF-8?Q?Galleries=20&=20Museums=20in=20New=20York=20City=20?==?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=94=20Photography?=

Mark,

I have the Photo Review July/August exhibition calendar in hand, but -- not that it means much since I am a notorious pill, I've marked very few (and seen none).

There's Atget at Zabriskie Gallery, 41 E 57 St

A couple of shows at ICP , including "Chim: Photographs by David Seymour"

Jerome Liebling "The Grace of Being" at Howard Greenberg, 41 E 57th St

and Susan Meiselas "Pandora's Box" at Cohen Amador, 41 E 57th (I have no clue what that's about but she's an interesting photographer.)

But be advised that,

A: in summer most galleries do group shows and B: the best use of those 4 days is still the Metropolitan Museum. It so happens there's a show at the Met titled "Hidden in Plain Sight: Contemporary Photographs," which I've read reviews of that I forget now. But the Met, aside from lots of glorious ART which he may not see elsewhere, has two small photo galleries which usually have stuff worth seeing -- and ALWAYS an interesting selection of prints old and new in the hallway leading to those galleries.

The New York Public Library at 42nd Street & 5th Avenue often has corridor shows from its own collection, and "Photography" (formerly "Photography in New York," if I recall correctly) is now on line, so he can find out what's on without any interference from cranks.

Judy