U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: OT: HDR and Tone Mapping B&W Images

Re: OT: HDR and Tone Mapping B&W Images

On Aug 15, 2007, at 2:32 PM, Don Bryant wrote:

But I do have a question, if one is using PS CS3 should only the tone
mapping plugin be considered or just get the full version anyway.

Do you mean the CS3 vs. the CS3 Extended? The Extended won't offer any more in terms of tone mapping, just in 3D and animation.

Well this blog got me to thinking about HDR for B&W.

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/ 2007/08/dig
ital-bw-the-.html

I saw nothing there that needed HDR. At most a couple of RAW files would do as well.

Sam