U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Artistico Unsized?

RE: Artistico Unsized?

Thanks Ron,

Unfortunately I don't have access to registration pins, dry mount tissue and a dry mount press. Ask any of these in any photographic supply store here in Turkey and you'll only get empty eyes and quitet ;)

I did something similar by affixing the paper to a piece of Yupo using diluted acrylic gesso. It works but takes long time, it's messy and deleterious to the smooth surface of the paper (Masa, the bakc is quite textured + brush marks / uneven application adds to the texture).

Quoting Ron Guidry <rongui21@yahoo.com>:

Hey Loris.

I think that I may have found a solution to your problem. This is an ingenius (at least I think so) procedure that Richard Sullivan came up with to solve the problem of paper shrinkage and registration for gum printing. The link is:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050304002732/www.bostick-sullivan.com/Technical_papers/substrat.htm

Hope this helps,
Ron Guidry