U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum printers in UK (Re: Scott McMahon gum workshop, September

Re: Gum printers in UK (Re: Scott McMahon gum workshop, September

Title: Re: Gum printers in UK (Re: Scott McMahon gum workshop, September
David,

I apply pigment all over the image – with the seaweed image the negative was made to ensure that the sand would require much more exposure than the plant. Getting that right took some time but it allowed the beach exposure to be made and fully printed, followed by the exposure for the plant which was also fully printed but the exposure difference made it easy to remove the green pigment & gum from the beach part of the image.

Best
hamish