From: ryberg [mailto:cryberg@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 8:04 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: cmyk negatives?

Folks,  I've finally worked up nerve to try a three color gum.  I have made
curves for yellow, cyan and magenta which look like they might work.  My
problem is how to make the negatives.  I thought it would be simple--convert

image from RGB to CMYK, separate out the channels, invert, print each one
and that's it.  Well, first off, without the K channel the image on the
screen is really flat, but I sort of remember that few of you actually print

a black layer--am I wrong?  Any advice is appreciated.
Charles   Portland OR