U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: First layer...

Re: First layer...

Loris - a good result, it looks like the cyno curve works well for you
needs. I also wanted to respond to the sizing/unsize question as I use the
artisco paper extensively. I do always size and preshrink with hot water
with no ill effects. I suspect that 3-4 coats unsized will work okay though
the sized paper will probably clear more easily. The only way to find out
the difference however is to test.

Also if you have trouble with registration you might want to use a heavier
weight paper - I use 600gsm. With this weight I get no  buckling or curling
and it is easy to handle for multiple coats - just a thought.

Best

Hamish