From: zphoto@montana.net [mailto:zphoto@montana.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:38 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Artistico Unsized?

Judy said:
I myself found that with my usual materials and methods I
>never did a  print without added external sizing that satisfied me.
>Maybe I lack  finesse -- whatever, that was my experience.

Amen, sista!  I spent one summer using unsized Artistico and the gum
prints were acceptable but somewhat veiled.  When i finally bit the
bullet and sized as my general rule, it was infinitely more predictable
and acceptable.  I did two unsized prints recently and found the same
issue again and threw both prints out. For my practice, sizing is
necessary.

You can NOT size--Sam Wang doesn't--but I agree with Hamish
and Judy that sizing is a good thing.  It makes my life
easier.