U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: 3 layer gum on Masa affixed to Yupo

Re: 3 layer gum on Masa affixed to Yupo

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: 3 layer gum on Masa affixed to Yupo
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 01:43:14 +0300

Hi Rajul,

I don't know which one it is. The label says: "3M Photo Mount(tm)", the color of both label and the cap is red. The product is "Made in EU", maybe there's a different product line in the States...

Hope this helps,
Loris.

Quoting Rajul <eyeear@telus.net>:

Hi Loris,

Looks like Yupo  + adhesive is the way to go with Masa, if registration
is desired. In my experience, Masa on which a cyano pass has been done
and is gelatin-sized, shrinks uniformly by about 2 mm per 9 x 10.75"
paper.

I just learned that there are 3 types of 3M Photomount spray. One is a
'regular', another is a 'reconditioner' which takes long to dry, and a
third one is the most expensive. Could you possibly provide details of
the label of the 3M you have used?

Thank you!  Rajul