U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: 3 layer gum on Masa affixed to Yupo

Re: 3 layer gum on Masa affixed to Yupo

Thanks Loris.

I got a can that reads "3m Adhesif PhotoMount"; both cap and label are black, and on the cap it states"New Package! same product". I will see if it works, if not, the supplier has agreed to take it back (it is 2.5 times the price displayed on the internet).

I was sorry to learn that sizing Masa did not work for you. I do not have Artistico to compare with Masa using the same neg., but after I check out lack of shrinkage of Masa + Yupo, I will do a comparison with Stonehenge.

The jpegs I sent you were done as follows: first a trad. cyano using 2A + 1B, developed in 1:5 vinegar:water, followed by a water wash. The dried, 1-2 day-old print is gelatin sized (4% gelatin hardened with HCHO). Then follow gum passes, which are developed (w or w-out brushing) for 10' each in 3 successive water baths. Development is either done following each gum pass or at the end of 2 or 3 passes.

Rajul