U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Beware Alibris was Beware of Amazon.com

Re: Beware Alibris was Beware of Amazon.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@caribsurf.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 6:36 PM
Subject: RE: Beware Alibris was Beware of Amazon.com

Alibris lies when it comes to shipping time. I ordered something in late
November for Xmas and, because I paid for "priority shipping", they promised
two week shipping time. I received the book around Jan 15th. Needless to
say I was a bit embarrassed regarding the Xmas gift. I downloaded a jpeg of
the cover, printed it, taped it to the cover of my copy of Jansen's Art
History, wrapped it, put it under the tree, and gave a full explanation on
Xmas morning. They DO access rare books at reasonable prices...as long as
you have a LONG time to wait for shipping.
CHEERS!
BOB

Well, again alibris is a bunch of independant dealers and shipping depends on which one you get. I've ordered several books from them and all arrived on time, a couple faster than promised. If you paid extra for expidited shipping and didn't get it you should complain.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com