U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: "magnachrome"

Re: "magnachrome"

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, dsbryant@bellsouth.net wrote:

I do think Magnachrom is a pretty good deal though, well worth the price of registration, and I also think it will continue to evolve in response to the feedback readers provide.
Maybe yes, maybe no. For instance, they didn't get *my* feedback because I didn't manage to get there, or was so put off by the prologue I tuned out. So their "feedback" is from a self-selected subset, of let's say extremely indulgent readers, which may not tell them what they need to know.

On the other hand, if they were able to benefit from critical feedback, they would perhaps have done so already. They could, for instance, have read that coda to the registration process, hid their heads in shame, then fixed it.

J.