U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: toning albumen and acidity

Re: toning albumen and acidity

If you mix 10g borax and 0.4g gold chloride and nothing else
in one liter of water, the pH should be very near 9.

The virtue of borax is that adding more borax doesn't make the
pH much higher than 9.2. If your toner is too acidic, there
should be no harm in adding more borax. However, if you bought
the gold in solution, I'd first suspect (and confirm or
exclude) that the solution might contain excess acid or
something.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People are sick in this country because they are poisoned [...]