U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | a "fake" 3 color

a "fake" 3 color

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: a "fake" 3 color
  • From: Laura Valentino <laura@this.is>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:10:34 +0000

I'm enjoying all the discussion of color separations and curves, pigment saturation and exposure times...trying to soak it all in. To show I haven't been completely idle, here's a "fake 3 color" I did the other day...just before, or near the beginning these discussions, that might even illustrate something useful about exposure times. I used the method of different exposure times for each color with the same neg. The curve had been tested with cyan (thalo blue), so it should have shown some detail in the face, but because it was underexposed, it has washed away completely in the face. At least I think that's what happened...it could've also had something to do with the fact that I can't seem to keep myself from dabbing around on my developing prints with a brush...is there a cure for that? :)

http://lavatop.com/gums240907/image-html/IMG_5868a.html

Best wishes,
Laura