U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: uncurve/curve comparison on Loris' website

Re: uncurve/curve comparison on Loris' website

Sorry, the more I think about this the more it seems like watching a dog chasing its tail. You start out with a (black) negative that prints too contrasty because there's too much density at the top end of the scale. To eliminate that problem, you make a colorized negative with a lower DR. But if the color/curve takes out too much density so you're getting tones where you don't want them, then you decrease the dichromate to increase the contrast so that the lightest tones won't stick. This seems like a merry-go-round that one might never get off of.
kt