J.
From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>

This is slightly off topic, but it's hardwon info I share out of the
kindness of my heart.  In recent years we've had some sneaky silent flying
insects that attack in the vicinity of our front stoop -- I don't see them
or feel them until awful itching red swelling begins (possibly some form
of Greenwich Village chigger), and though topical treatments of cortisone
(scratch til the skin breaks, then apply highest strength cortisone
followed by arnica gel to drive it in) are very helpful, the most helpful
is a pill:  prednisone.  I think it's a steroid and may require
prescription, but last spring the allergy got so bad it seemed my throat
might close (tho how my throat would dare close is another topic), anyway
one prednisone cured days of misery in about 2 hours.

A non-prescription antihistamine (the active ingredient in Benadryl)
namely diphenhydramine HCL is excellent also, and most of the big chains
have it in a modestly priced house brand. But it makes you sleepy all day
(take it when you go to bed and think of it as a sleeping pill or get the
more expensive Benadryl which has pepper-uppers).

But, lest I be accused of practicing medicine without a license, I take
the license of noting that "nude in landscape" photography is generally
taken to mean *male* nude in landscape, tho I note in some surprise that
the models in this case may have been female (perhaps a southern custom
?).

J.