U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: the grammar of spam

Re: the grammar of spam

I think I know English grammar or at least have access to very
comprehensive grammartical references and have studied
them. However, I cannot make a single sentence without making
at least one error and I am totally incapable of detecting my
own errors. The spam in question was probably made by a
non-native speaker of English language.

I think that spam is not particularly worthy of mention
because one can still understand what it meant to say, despite
all those grammartical errors. In order to compose a phrase
that's worth mentioning many times, it has to be this bad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_base_are_belong_to_us

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People are sick in this country because they are poisoned [...]