U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Types of Gum? Dyes instead of pigments?

Re: Types of Gum? Dyes instead of pigments?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Keith Gerling wrote:

As for dyes, the biggest problem I've found is that they stain.  Meaning
that if you put some on paper, it won't wash out.
Exactly. That's why they're called "dyes." They "dye" paper, but you don't dye metal or paper so easily.

J.

Keith

www.gumphoto.com