U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Types of Gum? Dyes instead of pigments?

Re: Types of Gum? Dyes instead of pigments?

oh.  thanks for pointing that out.  I wonder why that is.

On 10/16/07, Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com> wrote:

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Keith Gerling wrote:

> As for dyes, the biggest problem I've found is that they stain.  Meaning
> that if you put some on paper, it won't wash out.

Exactly. That's why they're called "dyes." They "dye" paper, but you don't
dye metal or paper so easily.

J.